Updated on 24.05.2018
RomaniaPressReview.com website and its subdomains, further referred to as “the Website” or “RomaniaPressReview.com” is owned by Business Insider SRL, based in Romania, Bucharest, 1 Pache Protopopescu Square, 2nd floor, apt. 6, 021 401, registered at the Bucharest Trade Registry under the number J40/6901/2011, C.I.F. 28588173. Business Insider SRL, further referred to as “We” or “Us”, is the data controller of the personal data submitted and processed by accessing the Website, placing an order or submitting any contact form on the website.
We process the personal data provided by you, further referred to as “The User”, in accordance with the Romanian Law no. 677/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, modified and supplemented and the Law. 506/2004 concerning the processing of personal data and privacy. Starting with May 25th, 2018, the personal data provided will be processed in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and any regulations which will replace the Romanian Law no. 677/2001.
Business Insider SRL is a carrier of personal data, registered in the Romanian “Registrul de Evidenta a Prelucrarilor de Date cu Caracter Personal” (The National Supervisory Authority For Personal Data Processing) under no. 28263.
The terms used in this policy have the meaning given to them within the terms and conditions of this website.
2. What personal data we collect?
The personal data which is collected and processed is the information provided by the User by creating an account and/ or placing an order for the digital services we provide or by filling in a contact form on our website.
This personal data includes full name (first name and last name), e-mail address, IP address, phone number, postal address and billing information such as: card type, credit/debit card number, expiration date, and cardholder name, the PayPal account information associated with an order.
The website RomaniaPressReview.com uses a technology called cookies. The following information allows the user of RomaniaPressReview.com to understand what cookies are and how we use them. When accessing the website, you will have the option to control what cookies will be used during your visits. Please note that there are a series of cookies that enable the core functionalities of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
Please read carefully the following information about cookies; we provide this information as we are aware of the value of identity protection and the rights of Internet users, and as we strive to be transparent and comply with the European regulations.
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies are completely passive, they are not software and cannot access information on the user’s hard drive. Cookies are in fact storing information in small text files, which allows the website server to recognize a certain browser – your browser. The server will recognize the browser until the cookie is deleted – any user can do this manually in their browser. Users also have the option to set their own cookie settings in their browser.
Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information (such as items in a shopping cart) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited by the user as far back as months or years ago). Cookies are the core to the overall use of the Internet as they help create a friendly browsing activity and personalize browsing sessions.
Cookies are not viruses, nor codes which can be executed. They use plain text formats.
There are several types of cookies:
Session cookies, also known as an in-memory cookie or transient cookie, which exists in temporary memory only while the user is reading and navigating the website. Web browsers normally delete session cookies when the user closes the browser.
Persistent cookies will outlast user sessions. They are also called tracking cookies. Even if they are called persistent, a user can always delete the cookies directly from his browser.
Persistent cookies also include third party cookies. While first – party cookies are those from the same domain as shown in the browser’s address bar when you are browsing a website, third party cookies belong to domains different from the one shown in the address bar. Websites can feature third party cookies for banner adverts, for example, such as the ones also posted on this website, which help us fund our activity. The use of such cookies help improve the efficiency of online advertising, this delivering ads with higher chances of being relevant to you. Third party cookies should also respect the current laws and the confidentiality clauses, similarly to the main domain owner.
4. Why do we collect and process the data?
Our purposes for collecting the data are the following:
3.1. In order to enter into the Contract and deliver the digital services to the User or answering the requests received via the contact form on our website. We also use the contract information provided, namely, e-mail address or phone number for customer administration and to communicate with the User in matters related to the Contract and their account on our website.
3.2. We may process your personal data in order to fulfill legal obligations imposed by authorities. This includes in particular (i) processing information on payments for the digital services in order to fulfill tax and accounting obligations and (ii) disclosure of information requested by the authorities, including courts.
3.3. We may process your personal data for the purpose of legitimate interest of Business Insider SRL and third parties, provided that such legitimated interest does not override interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the User, for the purposes of establishment, exercise or defense of our legal claims, protect ours or third party’s rights, or for the purpose of reorganization, including sale, merger or other divestiture of our business, in whole or in part.
5. To whom might we disclose your personal data?
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may provide your personal data on a strict need-to-know basis, and only when it’s necessary to the following third parties:
- service providers which perform services for Business Insider SRL. The services include, for example, the provision of infrastructure and IT services, hosting, maintenance and optimization of the Website, internal organization services (for ex. CRM), processing of credit card payments or any other payments of the User via Braintree or Paypal, backup and recovery services, telecommunications services, IT security services. Unless strictly necessary or required by mandatory law, they are not authorized to disclose or use for their own purposes, the User’s personal data and shall act on behalf of and upon instructions of Business Insider SRL;
- authorities or public institutions, including courts, such us tribunals, regulators, accountants, auditors, or other external consultants to the extent it is required to: (a) fulfill legal obligations imposed on Business Insider SRL; (b) protect and pursue Business Insider SRL’s, the other User’s or third party rights, including intellectual property rights; (c) protect the Business Insider SRL’s, other User’s or third party’s security; (d) perform and execute the rights and obligations provided in the User Terms and Conditions;
- where it’s in our legitimate interest to manage or grow our business, to transaction parties, advisors and consultants for the purpose of an eventual reorganization, including sale, merger or other divestiture of our business, in whole or in part.
As expressly explained above, we will never disclose your personal information to a third party, with the exception of Business Insider SRL’s employees and collaborators authorised and authorised service providers (hosting, accounting, payment processors) required to process this information on our behalf or to provide services available on RomaniaPressReview.com, or if the data disclosure represents a legal obligation of Business Insider SRL, our employees or the persons authorised.
6. What are your right as the User in relation to personal data?
- The right to be informed – it’s in your rights to know, even from the point of collection, what data is collected, how will your data be used, to whom will your data be transferred or divulged and your rights regarding your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data collected about you – you have the right to know if your personal data is being processed and to get access to the data collected.
- The right to rectification of inaccurate personal data – you have the right to change or add to it if your personal data processed is inaccurate or out-of-date.
- The right to erasure of all data stored (right to be forgotten) – you have the right to request and obtain from us the deletion of all personal data collected concerning you, without undue delay. The only exceptions to this concern the data that is used for statistical purposes, to exercise a legal obligation or to state or defend a right in a court of law.
- The right to restriction of processing of personal data – you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data for a certain period of time, without having it deleted, by sending us a request in this regard, if you need that data for establishing, exercising or defending a right in court.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to receive from us the data that you provided us and give your data to another data controller without opposition or delay.
- The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, except if it is necessary for enforcing a contract between you and us, it is authorised by the European Union or the state law and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your or it is based on your explicit consent.
You can exercise these rights by contacting Business Insider SRL by any of the following means:
- By email at email@example.com
- By written request to the postal address: Business Insider SRL, Romania, Bucharest, 1 Pache Protopopescu Square, 2nd floor, apt. 6, 021 401.
We will respond to your request within 28 days and we can extend this term for specific reasons, related to the complexity of your request. In all cases, if this period is extended, we will inform you about the extension period and the reasons that led to it.
If we cannot give you access to your data, either for legal reasons or because the identifiers provided by you are not sufficient, we will inform you in due time, having the possibility to offer additional information, or, if the case informing you on the reasons for the refusal.
7. Data Security
We commit to maintaining the security of your data and to ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal data, against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data, by putting in place the appropriate hardware and software security measures and enforcing the appropriate procedures to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of deletion, including keeping your information confidential by allowing only the authorized people to access the personal data provided.
8. Data retention period
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t logged onto our website for three years after your subscription ended, we will delete your information from our systems. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact us and request to delete all your information from our systems.
For the information collected via the contact form on our website, depending on the scope of your message, we’ll retain your personal data for as long as it’s necessary to address your request.
For financial reporting to the necessary authorities, your name and billing address will be stored in our accounting documentation to the extent allowed under mandatory law regulations.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
9. Changes in the information note
Please note, that we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We reserve the right to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this policy at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to return to this note at all times. This document is current from the date that appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner compatible with the confidentiality notification under which it was collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.
10. Information about the Romanian National Authority for Data Protection (AUTORITATEA NAȚIONALĂ PENTRU SUPRAVEGHEREA PRELUCRĂRII DATELOR CU CARACTER PERSONAL – ANSPDCP)
If you consider that your rights, as reflected in the General Data Protection Regulation were infringed, you can file a complaint with ANSPDPC:
Contact data for ANSPDCP are the following:
Address: București, B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru 28-30, Sector 1, cod poștal 010336